Thursday 6 January 2011

A Very Booky Xmas - Part 3 - Four Books From My Wishlist!!

I was very organised for Xmas this year and used the Wishlist function on my LibraryThing account to generate an email listing all the books currently on my want list. I then sent the email to all my friends and family. The beauty of this technique is that it ensures you don't get a book you already have and guarantees you get a book you definitely want. It also makes shopping easy for your loved ones. And, it's still a surprise because you don't know which books you'll get off the list (especially if your wishlist is as long as mine!!).

Consequently, I received 4 books (three novels and 1 autobiography) for Xmas and they were all off my wishlist. In paperback I received The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien, Legend of a Suicide by David Vann, and The Collector by John Fowles. In hardcover I received How to Make Gravy by Paul Kelly, and though it's a very large tome it's the one that I'm most excited to get into. I'm not a big fan of autobiographies in general, but this one intrigues me as it goes through Kelly's catalogue of songs explaining how they developed and where they germinated. I imagine you'll see a book review of this title in the very near future.

I've been so consumed by bragging about my gifts that I've forgotten to ask what you got for Xmas. So post a comment and let me know what books you found under your tree for Xmas 2010. Stay tuned for more tomorrow - Part 4 - Springy Book Light!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for your thoughts...